Hello Grammie and Grampa,
Today I ate all my food, and it was delicious! Mommy has been inspired with what you two are getting to munch on so supper consisted of soup and scones. I am now practicing how to use a fork. Sometimes the best part about the fork is watching it fall to the floor....mommy doesn't quite agree. Daddy was in the OR today and worked on 3 hips and 1 knee. I've never met someone with 3 hips before :)
Mathey is all better, I'm sorry that we left you hanging in anticipation. He cleared up the day after we threatened taking him to the vet, which made us very very happy. He's not too happy that mommy has taken to sweeping the floor after every meal so he gets no treats. Poor deprived Mathey.
Mommy and I are going west to see Auntie Samantha tomorrow and then we are going to Spruce Meadows to see the horses jump. We are coming back before daddy gets back from Las Vegas, in case you don't hear from us until Sunday. What day are you in Glasgow? Does that mean you won't get to blog with me until you come back?
I hope your next few days are good. I found out you are getting in past my bedtime, so I will have to get mommy and daddy to find you the next day.
I love you both
Benjamin
Hi B.J. - we had another nice day here. We went to Pitlochry which is north or where we are staying. We drove out to the Queen's View which was a lovely view of a couple of lochs (lakes). We stopped and had wonderful lentil and vegetable soup with a scone. Then we headed out on a hike in the Tay Forest. It was about 8 km I think and quite lovely. Then we came back into Pitlochry and I shopped - I found out that the Bethune don't have their own tartan but they use the Macbeths, MacDonalds or Macleods tartans. I couldn't find anything in those and was somewhat disappointed in the shopping. Grandpa and I did however buy walking sticks as his hip is bothering him on the long hikes. He says it really helps. We are golfing tomorrow and then hope to do an all day hike on Saturday. We have enjoyed some new foods here - steak and ale pie, ginger beer, fish and chips of course, and did I mention fish and chips. Actually I am off chips now but still enjoy a piece of fish. I am glad Mathey is well and that you are going on a little trip. Some year I would like to go and see the horses too. Well that is about all for today. Looking forward to seeing all of you, Glad you are eating your food.
ReplyDeleteGrammie and Grandpa
Hi B.J -Iknow you are away but will write anyways - maybe auntie Wendy and Uncle Cam are listening. We woke to rain today and were not sure what the day would hold. We went down to a place called the Watermill - it is an oldmill that has been rennovated into a lovely book store with coffee shop downstairs - we browsed many books and wished we had a weigh allotment to bring somehome. By noon the rain had quit so we went on down to the golf course and golfed our last game of this trip. Grandpa scored 78 with one mulligan so was quite pleased with that. We just had supper in our place tonight - tring to cut back on the food some. Have been reading tonight. The resort has filled with a bunch of young people - look university age - came on a big bus so am not sure why they are here. Will be glad to be out roaming the hills tomorrow and then have booked supper in their nice restaurant here for tomorrow night and head for Glasgow on Sunday. Trust all is well at home.
ReplyDeleteLots of love
grandpa and grammie.
Hi Benjamin -Well it is our last morning at Aberfeldy and since we have a bit of time left on our internet card we thought we would email you before we check out. Yesterday was a lovely day again although it rained hard in the morning and there were light showers during the day. We hiked all day in Tay Forest just above Kenmore. We were able to find the trails easily enough but there were no distant markers so we had no idea how far we were going - you don't move far on a map when you are going uphill. Anyhow we hiked for about 41/2 hours and stopped for about 1/2 hour for picnic lunch and view seeing. We think we hike around 20 km so were tired at the end. Granpa's hip was bothering him some. We went out for a nice supper at the end of the day and then read some before bed. We have a tree full of crows on site here. They really make a racket at night - makes you think of movies with old castles and crows calling. We are off to Glasgow today. Hopefully we will find some sort of internet source there and keep intouch. We love your pictures and look forward to seeing you at home.
ReplyDeleteMuch love
Grammie and Grandpa