We went Rattlesnake hunting. Just kidding (for those of you who know of our past encounter with a real rattlesnake) This park doesn't boast of snakes, but of precipices and limestone, of repelling and hiking, of root and bark (leashed and wooden).
Daddy carried me in the backpack, YAY, and mommy carried Xanna in the snugli, his first hike, at 5 weeks old. He wore the outfit Me-am-me bought for him (3 months) and mommy takes full responsibility for my wardrobe, which consisted of three different plaids, within inches of each other. And that includes a ball cap, a dress shirt, jogging pants and then neon blue socks. Mommy held her head in fashion shame. (really, it was horrible)
That being said, we passed a family with the same backpack and when we saw the little boy inside, he had the same hat as me. They didn't remark on the rest of my outfit, it's because I'm so cute.
After this lovely, deep breathing hike we met up with Gampa (my words are changing) D at Kelsey's and had lunch with him. Then mommy made us do a little shopping and we headed home.
Daddy and mommy are still trying to figure out how much is a big day for us and what is not. I was pretty tired once we were home and I slept twice in the truck. They haven't planned any over night'ers yet just because they seem to think I need my naps.
Xanna's been staying up from 3:00am to 5:00am these past few mornings, so maybe it's them that need the naps! (Auntie Samantha, mom thinks of you a lot)
Nanna, we hope you settle in, and make a few friends soon enough to keep you as busy as we know you like to be.
Auntie Wendy and Uncle Cam, we called tonight to say hello, we LOVED talking to you when you were in Scotland. That was such a gift.
I'm going to go to bed now, daddy and mommy have bumped my bedtime up half an hour seeing as I nap less in the afternoon.
Mommy's going to go see Xanna, and daddy's going to design a house with tall ceilings so he won't bash his head against lights anymore. Just kidding, he's doing some work.
I love you all
Will write again
Benjamin



Sorry we missed your call:( We talked with your daddy and so you should be getting a big kiss and hug by him from us when you get up! All of you should! We will try again on Wed/Thurs night, before your bedtime!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Auntie Wu
What beautiful pictures and even more so because of the wonderful people in them. Tell your mommy this is how it starts with the lack of style and she can no longer tease Nana about her lack of style! I saw the simulator today and can't wait to get in one ( my ride along is Thursday). And really can't wait to drive one! I am looking for a toy one for each of my families! Love you all! Nana
ReplyDeleteP.S...
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what your mommy is talking about your lack of fashion sense....I LOVE your outfit! Get away with it while you can:)
Me-am-me won't weigh into the fashion debate - I'll just go with 'you are so cute". Good to hear you can all get out together and do the things you love to do. Grandpa is getting over his cold but is tired because he has gone back to work. Tomorrow we head out to Rosebud for a bit of relaxation, culture and golf - hope to see Vince and /or Sam and Hannah and Josh. We will golf Friday on the way home. Then we have been invited to Anne and Chris's cabin for Sat. Sun. The leaves are turning here and it has been hot so there were hundreds of people out on the sandbar beach (near pedway) on Sunday. Must go - will maybe see you today on skype.
ReplyDeleteBenjamin you are so cute it doesn't matter what you wear I hope it works the same for me, my kids are so cute you don't see what I am wearing ( it doesn't ). Hope to talk to you guys soon, and yes the moose was really real :) and he was HUGE! Ok love you bragging done
ReplyDelete