
Mommy, Mathey and I are planning the garden!
We're done with winter, yes sir!
How are you Grampa and Gramma?
Are you getting enough sleep?
Have you been to any church services yet?
Is the food very different? I bet the people there are wonderful?
Is it only in Canada where people keep to themselves? Is the sense of community different there? I know these are big questions for someone small like me, mommy and daddy are helping out a bit.
I'm eating ground up regular food three times a day now,
today was chicken, potato and apple.
Yesterday was stir fry and I seem able to handle broccoli better when I eat it myself rather then mommy eating it first. She's still hesitant to feed me onions though. I appreciate that.
Daddy and mommy send their love.
and Mathey too.
xoxo
Benjamin
Hi Benjamin,
ReplyDeleteWe tried to sent you an comment while in Poipet but somehow lost it in sending and didn't want to spend too long on our host's computer. I am glad you are helping mommy with garden planning - I know you will be a great help in the garden this year. It is nice to see you and Mathey becoming good friends - he seem so enjoy being with you. We just got back from our 3 day trip to Poipet - 8 hrs - not a bad bus except coming home. It was freezing (grandpa said you could hang meat in there) and of course you don't use jackets here most of the time. The hotel had given us a few light scarves - grandpa looked really nice in his pink one - I was hoping to get home soon as he was threatening to pull out his pyjama bottoms and put them on his arms. When he told the bus attendant (with actions) he grinned at us and went and put on his jacket! The Dr. and his family were very welcoming - he is not a surgeon as thought but a Family Practice Dr. who has had extra training in rural medicine and does a good job. The area here is very poor. They work closely with a couple who do church planting and there are many new churches starting in the area. They would like us to come back so we are praying towards that. We are off to some new projects today. We eat out often - a meal might cost 3-4 dollars. We will try to learn how to cook some and make some dishes at home - much like Thai food. I did some clothes washing today in a little machine Susan has - would be nice to have one like that at the cabin. Glad to hear you are eating so well - you will be a big boy by the time we get home. I am sure looking forward to seeing you. We haven't been to church yet as we traveled on Sunday but will go this week. The people we have met are warm and welcoming - we are trying a few Cambodian greetings but will need to work on that I am afraid. Must go. We love you all.
Grandma and Grandpa
thanks for the pictures grandpa and grandma!! the ladies at bible study are wondering how you are doing? we're all looking forward to you being home, and telling us more stories and pictures!!!
ReplyDeletewas the cold bus d/t air conditioning or just cold weather? i'm sure grandpa looked wonderful in his pink scarf;)
it snowed here briefly, not much, but our weather is still warmer that normal (above -10).
hope you continue to have a great time:)
Love W.