Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Seventh hour....SHHHHHH!

Its nap time.

It's time for little bodies to regenerate
charge their batteries

nap time is really for optimal health in children
it's a necessary part of the day

it doesn't excite me a bit ;)




finish up the laundry, or at least change the loads so I can ignore it for a while

ssshhhh, the stairs down muffle the noise of the socks well






take out the diapers.

enough said.



someone coughed.

who?
what?
when?

silence.....go quieter mommy! For the sake of the children!  Yes, the children.



 it's not crunchy, no noise.

it came in a container I opened hours ago, preparing myself for this moment.

it will do for lunch....unless it's a dog treat.  Should confirm what it is first....then eat it.



say hello to my dog for the first time today.

now lay down.

and don't make any noise.

we're being quiet for the CHILDREN!  and for a good book, or maybe a show on T.V......but its' for the children.



and take an hour
Katherine gives me 75 minutes exactly

Alexander makes up for the early years by sleeping 120, and Benjamin sometimes sleeps
sometimes plays,

today he sleeps.
I could tell early on
he needed it
he needed a break
he needed to recoup
to stay up late tonight

I like to make sure he gets what he needs.

I take on this quiet solitude for him
for them all.....





rest is nice

what a blessing for my kids to have a rest.


and then we can regroup and continue on with brighter eyes and happy smiles to see each other.



to be goofy and silly and loud and energetic.

makes it all sweeter



when their mommy has a little rest.


1 comment:

  1. So true!! Enjoy those quiet moments! (My children no longer nap...but it doesn't mean that I can't! That's why I have headphones!)

    ReplyDelete