One to Milton where we walked further into the trails of the Bruce Trail, along the niagra escarpment and through swamp now quiet and bug free.

We hiked for a while and mommy was feeling low, so at our turn around point I came out of the back pack and Baby Xanna (who mommy calls chub chub) came out of the snugli (thank you again and again Auntie Manta) and while we were resting, a lovely couple of hikers came and we asked them for some information on the trail and one thing lead to another to first discover they had been to Jordan, then to find out they were believers, then to find out they were from Manitoba and to then discover they are good friends of our Jeanette's and her family! What a small small world. And then that they had heard of us because of Jeanette biking across the country.

The second drive brought us to grampa's family, for a night of eating sugar (thanks great grampa!) eating turkey (thanks grampa) chub chub being an absolute hit, and in second place Mathey! (grampa insisted we bring him). We saw grampa's cousins and aunts and uncles. And we played for a few hours and then came home late to a relaxed and get-better-mommy day here today.
We had a full time, and baby Xanna and I were very good boys through out it all. We just let mommy and daddy know how much big days wear us out by being up all night. They don't quite understand our logic, but play along none the less.
oh, and I fixed Mathey!
Well maybe the vet did a little too, but he can go for walks but no rough housing. Good thing he's a mastiff.
I think that's about all for now. Busy weekend means tired family, so off to bed we go.
Oh baby Xanna has found his fingers and toes.
Mommy keeps kissing him to stop him growing.
Daddy just thumps him on the head.
Just kidding.
All my love,
Sinjun.
ps. mommy wanted to share a song with you,because for some reason, she 'altered' some of the lyrics in the song she taught me. I don't know what the real words are, but they can't be better then what she sang.
here goes
I know an old lady who swallowed a fly (is swallowing a fly silly Benjamin? yes!)
I don't know why she swallowed a fly, perhaps she'll.....I mean....ah....Hello goodbye!
I know an old lady who swallowed a spider (isn't that silly?)
who wiggle and squiggled and giggled inside her (ha hah ah ah ahah, laugh Sinjun!)
she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly, hello goodbye.
I know an old lady who swallowed a bird
how absurd, she swallowed a bird
she swallowed a bird to catch the spider
who wiggled and squiggled and giggled inside her (Benjamin laughs at this part)
she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed the fly, hello goodbye.
so on and so forth until
I know an old lady who swallowed a horse
that's ah......the song is done of course!........(phew)




Keep up the good work on the blog. Both Chris and I are following blogs on our iPhones. We are up to date!
ReplyDeleteokay, so i want to go hiking with you!! maybe i can convince uncle camma to go hiking with me some day soon. i've been house bound these past two weeks, and still feel like i have a cold. will you give me some of your energy?
ReplyDeleteit looks like you had a nice time with family this weekend. good job on fixing mathey:)
love you,
auntie wu
Hello my A/B boys - I look at your 'sleeping' pictures so often - you sure are beautiful. I am not sure about mommy's song though... I think Boppa might have trouble remembering the words as he has been singing it forever! Counting the days
ReplyDelete