Sunday, November 6, 2011

if the hat fits...

Hello my fantastic family,

The weather is bright and sunny (no snow my Alberta and Saskatchewan polar bears) we've walked to the coffee shop three times this weekend (mommy and daddy are getting very little sleep, they think baby Xanna and I are tag teaming throughout the night) and then mommy's loop to daddy's trees (see how we take ownership of everything we like?) and picking acorns that the squirrels didn't want.
We've also had a small taste of day light savings!  Mommy was almost out the door this morning on our way to church before daddy even woke up, all because she didn't realize the clocks were wrong.  What a surprise when we told her (of course baby Xanna and I knew, that's why we kept her up so much last night, she could have slept in had she been more on the ball:)
We've been having a lovely time fitting in around here, people wear very nice hats, so we thought we should to.  This one belongs on my snow suit, but as we have NO SNOW (YIPPEEEEEEE), we just play with the top and leave the rest in the closet.  Is it wrong to boast of dry land?  hee hee

Mathey still limps at night, we didn't take him for a w-a-l-k today in hopes of his fast recuperation.  Daddy's uses it to God's glory, as when he can't get to sleep he can pray for his pooch while he watches the minutes on his new alarm clock tick past.
Mathey is still happy and bouncy, he doesn't seem bothered by his hip apart from the limp.  Not even hats bother Mathey.  Mommy's started giving him salmon bones to munch (there's no gramma's here to eat them for her- hee hee) but now, whenever she even opens the can he's there to welcome the smell.  I wait for her to holler at him and then laugh like crazy.  Daddy missed hollering at him on our walk today, Mathey fills our lives with so much:)

One more week and daddy gets a few days off.  He and mommy prayed about what wild adventure to go on, with their coveted few days, and the Heavenly Counselor has wisely told them to go.....
ready for it?....
NO WHERE.  They are staying put.  We are staying put. No over nighters, we hope to visit a little family and friends for day, but home again in the evening.
One more week until daddy stays home.  That is a comforting hot chocolate kind of thought.

I love you all
Benjamin

5 comments:

  1. you all look sooooo good in your hat! i can't believe it fits all of you:) we were at a birthday party for 2 two year olds yesterday...so much fun!! it kind of feels nice to have snow...i know i'll be wishing it gone later in the season, but right now it feels nice.
    love you all,
    w.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure your orange bonnet would qualify for 'fitting in' but it may come in handy yet for what it was intended. Saw lots of kids at church last night about your age and missed you - one dad gave me his baby for my grammie fix. She was born 2 days before Xanna and is 12-13 lbs. Not sure if that helps me get a sense of what he is like now. Oh well, will see you soon. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say the hat looks best on you my Benjamin. It looks so different on each of you, but everyone else will have to get their own. I don't have snow yet either and I'm very thankful. There is a lady staying with your grandma and grandpa in Saskatoon who will be living up here with a new friend of mine soon! Isn't it a small world! I miss you all and send hugs and kisses with this note! Love Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful thing a ...wait for it....STAY CATION! ha ha ha yes I know. anyways I am glad you guys are getting some well deserved family time. Angie let me know when it starts and I will talk to you the day it ends :) love you and will be sending snow to you very soon so you may have to get a few more hats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK so I was just looking back on old blogs of yours, and Janet the Cambodian massage HAHAHAHAHA I cried :) Benjamin I can't believe how much you have changed. I just read about your mom and dad thinking you would start speaking in sentences and well here you are! It did happen over night. and I also watched the video of you learning to walk, what a night that was with Hannah showing you the way :) I miss you guys Love you a

    ReplyDelete