Saturday, January 30, 2010

day twenty one



Hi Gramma and Grampa

Mommy read your comments out loud and (hic)daddy wanted to know if you were counting his chins or mine :)
We had a good (hic) day today, daddy went to get some needed dress pants and shirt and (hic) tie from the Mayor and not only did we meet his father (who told us what a colic-ee baby he was (hic) and that he didn't speak until he was three) but the very dressy very intimidating tailor who helped us just about squealed when we told told him not only do we own a Mathey, but he was across the street in the car. (hic) So now, Mathey has been inside Atch & Co.! Mommy says we are high class.

I had (hic)mommy up every hour last night, and she doesn't know if it's teething because I have nothing more to show for it. We all went for a family jog today, the sun was (hic) shining and the sidewalks finally plowed from our 25 cm storm last week.

We get to turn the calender (hic) over and see what day you come home. That makes me very happy. (hic)

I love you
Benjamin

oh, and (hic) I have the hiccups.

(hic)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Benjamin - Here we are again - what a awesome Sumo you are - you look so happy. We had a lovely day. We went to church and then to lunch. Then we came home a changed and together with Paul and Sotheary and their kids, went down to the river and rented a boat for an hour tour on the river. It is very brown but from silt. It was interesting to see so many fishing boats that the people live on - these are mainly From Vietnam - very poor people. Then we walked for a while along the promenade by the river and went for a drink. While grandpa was paying I stepped outside just to see if there was anything to see that I hadn't taken a picture of and low and behold down the main street came an elephant. We walked through a lot of public park areas - many people come out in the evening to play and visit. There was a great big group exercise class, couples playing badminton or kick ball. Then there was a light/water show to music. We noticed that the people sit on the sidewalk and not the grass which is different from here. Later Anika - the 4 year from downstairs decided to organize a game for us so we all sat on the grass. After a minute or so I noticed that the grass was very prickly. When I checked it out my feet were covered in these little ants who were having a hayday. Boy did they burn - now we know to sit on the cement if we are going to have a game. Then we all pilled into a tuk tuk - 8 of us - true cambodian style and came home. It was a very hot day so we have had showers and will relax for awhile. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. I am sure Mathey will do well. Let us know how it goes. Only two more days here and they seem to be getting quite full. Grandpa is going to look at two hospitals tomorrow plus we have to deliver the musical equipment if that works. So we will be seeing you soon. Love to all.
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete